United States car market will receive an exclusive car rations, Audi R8 GT Spyder. The luxury cars will be marketed with a limited number, 50 cars only. Total production of the Audi R8 GT Spyder are 333 units worldwide and the manufacturing process is done by hand.
One unit Audi R8 GT Spyder will be priced at US $ 210,000 or 163 300 Euros, not including shipping charges and taxes amounting to US $ 1200. Model to be marketed in the United States is a version of the Audi R8 GT Spyder which is lighter and more powerful than the R8 V10 Spyder.
About the ability of the engine, the car will be equipped with 5.2-liter V10 engine direct injection, which is capable of producing 560 horsepower with torque of 540 Nm, 398.3 lb-ft. Audi engineers to reduce car weight to 85 kg, so the Audi R8 GT Spyder can accelerate from 0 to 96 km/h (60mph) in just 3.8 seconds. Car top speed is 317 km/h (197 mph).
In addition, the car has a 10 mm lower suspension, aerodynamic package, light 19-inch alloy wheels and brakes with cross-drilled rotors. Delivery of the first Audi R8 GT Spyder to the United States will begin in January 2012.
Standard features of the R8 GT Specific:
- R8 GT specific sport seats in Alcantara and leather.
- R8 GT specific carbon fiber matte interior inlays (monoposto and interior door handles).
- R8 GT specific numbered aluminum gear knob.
- Windshield frame in Alcantara.
- 19" R8 GT wheels with summer performance tires.
- R tronic, 6-speed sequential gearbox with shift-by-wire technology and sports mode.
- R8 GT specific sport suspension system.
- R8 GT specific carbon fiber matte exterior mirrors.
- R8 GT specific LED tail lights.
- R8 GT specific aluminum door sill inserts.
- R8 GT specific steering wheel.
- Side airbags: Driver and passenger seat mounted head and thorax airbags.
- Front disc brakes: 8-Piston calipers, perforated, internally vented.
- Rear disc brakes: 4-Piston calipers, perforated, internally vented.
- LED headlights and daytime running lights.
- Sport seats, heated, 10-way power with 4-way power lumbar.
- Audi navigation system plus, 6-disc CD changer, Sirius Satellite Radio, Aux-in jack 7 speakers and 5-channel amplifier with a total output of 140 Watts.
- Preparation for mobile phone (Bluetooth®) with seatbelt microphone.
- 5.2L 10-cylinder, gasoline engine, aluminum block.
- quattro all-wheel-drive.
- Exterior mirrors: power adjustable, heated Front Airbags: Driver and passenger full-size dual-stage front airbags and knee airbags.
- Carbon fiber matte door and center console panels.
- Windscreen Frame in Fine Nappa Leather (interior).
- Audi navigation system plus with Audi music interface w/ iPod® cable (replaces 6-disc CD changer).
- Bang & Olufsen Sound System (12 speakers 495 watt).
- Titanium Finish 19" 5-arm-double-spoke-design aluminum alloy wheels with summer performance tires.
- Forged Aluminum 19" 5-twin-spoke-Y-design in matte silver look with summer performance tires.
- Audi Carbon Ceramic Brakes.